If you love street food, then you know how delicious and diverse Indian chaats can be. One popular variation is corn bhel or sweet corn chaat.
This savory and tangy snack is the perfect combination of sweet corn, spices, and chutneys.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what chaats are and the corn bhel recipe, including its benefits, prep time, servings, ingredients, and instructions.
What are Chaats?
Chaats are a popular type of Indian street food that typically consists of a mixture of ingredients, such as vegetables, fruits, crispy snacks, spices, and chutneys.
They are usually served in small plates or bowls and are meant to be eaten as a snack or appetizer. Chaats are known for their sweet, sour, and spicy flavors, and they are often garnished with sev (crispy fried noodles) and fresh herbs.
Corn Bhel Recipe is Perfect for…
Corn bhel or sweet corn chaat is perfect for anyone who loves a quick and easy snack that’s both flavorful and healthy.
It’s a great option for vegetarians and vegans, as it’s made with all plant-based ingredients.
Additionally, the sweetness of the corn is balanced out by the tanginess of the chutneys and the spiciness of the spices, making it a satisfying and balanced snack.
Corn bhel is a healthy and nutritious snack that’s packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Sweet corn is a good source of fiber, which can help regulate digestion and promote feelings of fullness. It’s also rich in vitamins B and C, which are important for maintaining overall health.
The spices and seasonings used in corn bhel can also offer a range of health benefits.
For example, chaat masala, a spice blend that’s commonly used in Indian cuisine, contains a mix of spices and herbs that can aid digestion and boost metabolism.
Cumin, another common spice used in bhel, has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation and support heart health.
Prep Time & Servings
This corn bhel recipe is easy to make and can be prepared in just 10-15 minutes. It serves 2-3 people as a snack.
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamarind chutney
- 1 tablespoon mint-coriander chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
Instructions and Making Process
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet corn kernels, chopped onion, tomato, and green chili.
- Add the cumin powder, chaat masala, red chili powder, and salt to the bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add the lemon juice, tamarind chutney, and mint-coriander chutney to the bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and sev (if desired).
- Serve the corn bhel or sweet corn chaat immediately.
Corn bhel or sweet corn chaat is a delicious and healthy snack that’s easy to make and perfect for any time of day. It’s packed with nutrients and flavor, and can be customized to suit your tastes.
The balance of sweet, sour, and spicy flavors is what makes this snack stand out, and the crunch of the sweet corn and sev makes it all the more satisfying.
So why not give it a try today and experience the mouthwatering flavors of Indian street food in the comfort of your own home!